There will be a strong focus on Emergency General Surgery on Tuesday 7 July 2020 at our Edinburgh meeting to celebrate to showcase ACPGBI Guidelines in Emergency Colorectal Surgery due to be released in 2020.
Hot topics in emergency colorectal surgery:
- The no laparotomy patient
- Diverticulitis – lessons from SAGES
- Salvaging anastomotic leaks
- Managing the open abdomen
- Clostridium difficile colitis
- Traumatic bowel injury
- Sigmoid volvulus
- Intra-operative decision-making in intestinal infarction
Laparoscopy in EGS:
- Laparoscopy in small bowel obstruction
- Laparoscopic approaches in acute diverticulitis
- Laparoscopic colectomy in acute colitis
- What’s next? LaCES trial
Colonic haemorrhage and perianal sepsis will also be covered in the Colorectal FOCUS programme on Monday 6 July.