Video submission is now closed
The deadline was Monday, 20 January 2020
New for 2020
We have added three new submission categories:
- Nursing abstracts
- Patient-reported outcomes/qualitative studies
- Tripartite 2020 Vision collaborations
Criteria for submissions
Important: please note the following criteria for submissions:
- Duration of video: 10 minutes maximum
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English.
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred).
How to submit
Videos should be uploaded onto YouTube or other video hosting service as an unlisted video and the URL submitted via the online abstract form.
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if one already exists.
- Create a new abstract for your video submission.
- Type the duration in minutes and seconds of your video in the abstract text box. Paste the URL of your uploaded video into the field for video URLs on the abstract submission form (this is after the abstract text box).
- Complete the remainder of the abstract submission form and submit.
- You are permitted to submit a video that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland 2020 Annual Meeting.
- The maximum number of words for the title is 50. The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled ‘First Name’.
- When you submit your video abstract select a category from the following 18 categories:
|1||Colorectal Cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy||2||Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics|
|3||Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes||4||Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions|
|5||Nursing||6||Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment|
|7||Emergency colorectal surgery||8||Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches|
|9||Chemotherapy & radiotherapy||10||Imaging and radiological interventions|
|11||Pathology||12||Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas|
|13||Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders||14||Proctology|
|15||Training & mentoring||16||Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies|
|17||Tripartite 2020 Vision collaborative projects||18||Miscellaneous|
Amending a submission
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the Oxford Abstracts submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change. Amend as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press ‘Submit’. You will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
Withdrawing a video
If you want to withdraw a video please contact the ACPGBI Administration Manager by email: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of videos and abstracts: Monday, 20 January 2020 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e. UK time)