Deadline for receipt of videos is now closed
Read these instructions carefully before you submit your video
Please note the following criteria for submissions:
- Duration of video: 10 minutes maximum
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English.
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred).
How to submit a video
- Videos should be uploaded on to YouTube or other video hosting service as an unlisted video and the URL submitted via the online abstract form.
- Once your video has loaded, make sure that you have filled in the basic details: giving the title for your submission and a short description. You may also wish to edit the advanced settings.
- Then go to the 2018 abstract submission website and create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if an account already exists. https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/232/submission
- Create a new abstract for your video submission.
- Paste the URL of your uploaded video into the abstract submission form.
- Underneath the URL type the duration in minutes and seconds of your video.
- Complete the remainder of the abstract submission form and submit.
- You are permitted to submit a video that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology 2018 meeting.
- The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled “First Name”.
- When you submit your video abstract select a category from the following 16 categories.
- Colorectal cancer – diagnosis and endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer – tumour biology/markers and genetics
- Colorectal cancer – enhanced recovery
- Colorectal cancer – risk assessment and outcomes
- Colorectal cancer – surgery and stents
- Follow up/survivorship/late effects of treatment
- Emergency colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Functional bowel disease/pelvic floor/constipation
Amending a submission
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amend the abstract as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press “Submit” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
Withdrawing a video
If you want to withdraw a video please contact Anne O’Mara, ACPGBI Administration Manager, email: email@example.com