Abstract submission is now closed.
The deadline was Monday, 20 January 2020
New for 2020
We have added three new submission categories:
- Nursing abstracts
- Patient-reported outcomes/qualitative studies
- Tripartite 2020 Vision collaborations
How to submit an abstract
- Create an Oxford Abstracts account or log in if one already exists.
- Create a new abstract.
The maximum number of words for the title is 50.
The maximum number of words for the abstract text is 250 (excluding the title and authors).
- You are permitted to submit an abstract that will be presented at another national/international meeting either prior to or after the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland 2020 Meeting.
- Abstracts of papers and posters presented at the meeting will be published online in Colorectal Disease journal after the meeting. If an accepted paper or poster is not presented at the meeting, it will be withdrawn from publication.
- When submitting the names of authors put the initials in the field labelled ‘First Name’.
- A ‘blind’ reviewing process will be used. Do not include identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities in the title or text of the abstract. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line in a separate section.
- Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of the work. When you submit your abstract select a category from the following 18 categories:
|1||Colorectal Cancer – screening, diagnosis & endoscopy||2||Colorectal cancer – tumour biology, biomarkers & genetics|
|3||Colorectal cancer – risk assessment & outcomes||4||Colorectal cancer – surgery & endoscopic interventions|
|5||Nursing||6||Surveillance, survivorship & late effects of treatment|
|7||Emergency colorectal surgery||8||Minimal access surgery – laparoscopic, robotic & transanal approaches|
|9||Chemotherapy & radiotherapy||10||Imaging and radiological interventions|
|11||Pathology||12||Inflammatory bowel disease, pouch surgery & stomas|
|13||Pelvic floor & functional bowel disorders||14||Proctology|
|15||Training & mentoring||16||Patient-reported outcomes & qualitative studies|
|17||Tripartite 2020 Vision collaborative projects||18||Miscellaneous|
- Indicate your preferred presentation mode. Oral only; oral or poster; poster only. For videos select Video.
- Answer if the first author is a trainee or nurse/AHP.
- When you have completed a submission you will receive email confirmation with the reference number of your abstract.
Amending a submission
You can do this at any time up to the deadline.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amend the abstract as necessary.
- When you reach the final step and press ‘Submit’ you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the ACPGBI Administration Manager by email: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: Monday, 20 January 2020 – 11.59 pm GMT (i.e. UK time)